About this opportunity
We're looking for enthusiastic leaders to support our shop volunteers! If you have some time to help out in our shops then we'd love to hear from you!
Duties specific to the position (but are not limited to):
- Working in a team
- Merchandising displays (windows, floor, etc)
- Learn and use a cash register, and maintaining sales
- Customer service
- Being able to follow instructions clearly and support your team
- Being able to provide instructions clearly and succinctly
- Opening and closing the store
- Cash Handling
- Have fun!
We are able to undertake the police check for free as part of the application. There are no requirements other than a keen interest in helping and wanting to make a difference.
National Police Certificate *.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role be a maximum of 15-16 hours per week.
Mon, Tuesday, Weds, Thurs (late night trading till 9pm), Fri, Saturdays and Sundays 9:30am - 5:30pm (thursdays till 9pm)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Retail & Sales
As position description - if training is required this will be provided