About this opportunity
Key Areas of Accountability:-
- Organise the venue for Board and Committee meetings.
- With the President/EMD, prepare the agenda in advance of each Board meeting.
- Organise meeting papers for distribution before the meeting.
- Take minutes at each Board meeting and circulate to all members.
- Take minutes at each General Meeting and circulate to all members of the organisation.
Administrative and Management Duties
- Serve on the Executive Advisory Committee between Board meetings
- Follow the appropriate communication channels and follow all policies and procedures designated throughout the full organisation, if unsure of any procedure contact the EMD/President.
- Serve on Board committees as required
- Maintain a register of members
- Handle the procedures for the admission of new members
- Handle the procedures for the resignation of members(with the Chair)
- Handle the procedures for the discipline, suspension, and expulsion of members.
- Organise General Meetings and notify members in advance
- Receive nominations for positions on the Board
- Keep in their custody all books, documents, and securities, and make them available to members as requested (with the President/EMD)
- Liaise with relevant regulators (Consumer Affairs Victoria/Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission) – with the EMD.
- Personally, carry out administrative duties as assigned by the EMD.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Every application is based on merit, we have minimum standards which must be met by every candidate and position to work with our organisation.
1. Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident;
2. Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
3. Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
4. Great communication and listening skills;
5. Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
6. Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
15 hours per month (negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- IT & Web Development
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Retail & Sales
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
Every volunteer in DCSS Australia will undertake the training free of charge: - Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO); - Council of Social Services (QCOSS); - Mandate Report Training, for both Victoria and New South Wales; - Others as required and or negotiated.Reimbursement