About this opportunity
- A minimum of one shift per month
- The Soup Patrol program operates in Geraldton every Tuesday and Saturday night
- Volunteers must be available from 3.45pm - 6pm
The program With a focus on individuals, groups and communities in vulnerable situations, volunteers of Soup Patrol Program deliver a free, nutritious evening meal to people who are homeless, socially disadvantaged or on very low incomes.
The opportunity Volunteers must be over 18 and must have a valid driver’s licence. The Soup Patrol Volunteer is required to have excellent communication skills and an understanding and empathy for people from diverse backgrounds, at all times behaving in a completely impartial and non-judgmental manner. Volunteers will need to:
- Collect soup and serve food provided to all clients
- Act in accordance with Australian Red Cross and Soup Patrol guidelines at all times
- Ensure all sections of the nightly questionnaire are completed accurately
- Clean all equipment and ensure the van, equipment and depot are all neat and tidy at the end of every shift
The impact The Soup Patrol Volunteer positions will allow you to provide practical support to a diverse group of people, and the opportunity to give something back to the community in a friendly, relaxed environment. Red Cross supports people experiencing hardship to gain skills and knowledge, access resources and services and improve social participation.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
National Police Certificate *.
Tuesday and Saturday (3.45pm - 6pm)Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Food Preparation & Service
Volunteer induction and role specific training will be provided.