About this opportunity
This position will provide ongoing maintenance and support to assist in the ongoing upkeep of a community garden and to help create productive and welcoming outdoor areas. You will assist with regular garden maintenance, including pruning, mulching, weeding and watering. Ensure garden areas are kept tidy and safe. Maintain the hot house, watering and weeding as required. The Centre is looking for a reliable and committed mature person who exhibits a calm approach to a challenge, good communication skill, a team worker, is non judgmental and is willing to comply with workplace health and safety practices.
Heavy Lifting . National Police Certificate *.
A SAPOL police check is a requirement of the role.
• Must be non-judgmental, non-discriminatory, and conform to the code of conduct
• All team members must be tolerant and accepting of others
• Must be reliable and committed to the workplace, its clients, and participants
• Be a team worker with a willingness to share and learn with others
• Willingness to undertake any garden task required on your attendance day
• Reasonable mobility as gardening can require a lot of repetitive movements
• Must work as a team member so a cohesive garden plan is maintained
• Knowledge of working as part of a team and customer service practices and principles
• Awareness of workplace Health and Safety and the requirements of Equal Opportunity Act and Disability Discrimination Act
• Ability to relate to people from diverse backgrounds and be non-judgemental
• Some gardening knowledge and / or plant recognition (not essential)
9.30am - roughly 11.00am Tuesday and ThursdaySuitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Garden Maintenance