About this opportunity
Ellenbrook Playgroup Inc is looking for an enthusiastic, engaging person to be their next Session Leader. As a Session Leader, your primary responsibility is to manage the daily operations of the playgroup session providing a safe and stimulating place for young children to play. This role will suit someone who is a fast learner and able to perform some heavy lifting. Your other responsibilities are unlocking and preparing the centre for the session; guiding the session; welcoming new members; answering questions and passing on information; taking cash payments; liaising with committee members; ensuring health and safety guidelines are followed; and most importantly leaving the centre clean, locked and secure when session is finished.
Driver's Licence (C) . Heavy Lifting . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
1. Fun-loving, enthusiastic, energetic and loves young children;
2. Ability to interact positively with parents and their young children;
3. Ability to set up play areas with activities;
4. Excellent communication and organisational skills;
5. Experience working with children 0-5 years is advantageous;
6. Ability to delegate work to parents and other volunteers when needed.
Playgroup hours - Mon Tues Thurs 8:50 am - 11:10 am. Friday 10.50 am - 1:10 pm. Closed on school holidays. Volunteer hours are flexible and can be arranged with the Volunteer Coordinator.Suitable for
- People with disability
- Wheelchair Access
A committee member will show you what is required and be available when you have questions.Reimbursement
Coffee and tea provided