About this opportunity
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Access Health & Community - Manningham.
Help support our Parent and Child Mother Goose Program. The group runs at Templestowe on Fridays from 9.00 to 11.00am. Ideally you will be able to commit to the length of the program which runs during school. This is an opportunity for students of child care or teaching courses to develop their "hands on" skills associated with working with children and parents.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Helping with room setup, pack up and morning tea
- Providing practical support to the parents and children during the program
- Monitoring the needs and well-being of participants and reporting to the teachers any concerns
- Supporting the Mother Goose teachers ( a Psychologist, an Occupational Therapist and Maternal and Child Health Nurses)
- Singing the songs and having fun.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience with babies and young children
- Be physically capable of playing on the floor
- Be comfortable with singing
Induction and Training: Volunteers will be provided with an organisation based and a role specific induction. Familiarisation with their work environment, team members, program content and their supervisor are part of the process. No external training is initially required but might be offered in the future.
- Being a member of an enthusiastic and supportive team.
- Providing support and fun for local families.
- Students of child care or teaching courses can develop their 'hands on' skills associated with workings with children and parents
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
- Application form
- Reference checks
- Induction session
Fridays 9-11am during school termSuitable for
- People Learning English
- Work Experience