About this opportunity
We are seeking volunteers who are over 18 years of age, enjoy working outdoors, with a class C vehicle licence and with bike mechanical experience to support our recreational cycling events throughout the year. If necessary, tools and limited spare parts will be provided The dates of our single day events and time frame as follows: Sunday 14 March - Coast to Coast - 7.30 am - 3.00 pm Sunday 28 March - Grand/Mini Slam - 9.00 am - 2.30 pm Sunday 30 May - Grand/Mini Slam - 9.00 am - 2.30 pm Sunday 22 August - Grand/Mini Slam - 9.00 am - 3.00 pm Sunday 17 October - Grand/Mini Slam - 8.00 am - 3.30 pm
Multi day Events: Saturday 1 - 16 May 2021 inclusive - Outback Odyssey - 900 km off road ride - from Adelaide to Blinman (upper Flinders Ranges) Saturday 18 - 26 September inclusive - Gourmet food & Wine Tour - Adelaide Hills, Barossa Valley, Clare & Gilbert Valley, Seppeltsfield, Hahndorf, Fleurieu Peninsula, Adelaide. Both these tours involve camping located in caravan parks, wineries, or community club rooms and Ovals. You would need to provide your own camping gear.
- Ability to take direction and work with minimal supervision
- Bike maintenance experience
- A good sense of direction
- 18 years of age and over
- Driver's Licence (or ability to travel independently to and from the designated locations)
- Arrive on time at the designated locations
This is an excellent opportunity to experience volunteering with a group of like-minded people in various regions of South Australia, including the famous Flinders Ranges.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Sundays 9.00 am - 2.30 pm - 3.30 pm (single day events) On the two multi-day events - approximately 9.00 am - 3.00 pm on the dates indicated.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Trades & Maintenance
If using own vehicle