About this opportunity
As a not for profit, SAFE needs to raise revenue to cover its operating costs. This role is central to raising these funds, which will help pay for the costs of desexing, animal veterinary care, transporting animals to new homes, and covering animal care costs such as food, bedding, litter, toys and flea/tick treatments. Without these funds, the branch is not able to operate and many animals will be unnecessarily euthanised. Key responsibilities: • Coordinate and lead a fundraising team • Delegate and organize volunteers for fundraising events • Liaise with community groups for fundraising opportunities, (stalls and markets and charity events) • Put forward any new fundraising ideas to core team • Build relationships with local business and assess potential for future sponsorship • Assist core team with any fundraising ideas they may have.
The Benefits to you: • Ability to take a hands-on role in saving animals from situations in which their wellbeing and safety is compromised • Become part of a committed and dedicated team in the region/throughout the SAFE network • The opportunity to work with a highly respected state-wide animal rescue organisation :
National Police Certificate *.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to manage and coordinate a team of volunteers
• Passion and commitment to helping save animals from euthanasia
• Ability to coordinate fundraising events and activities
• Ability to manage a busy workload
• Positive and optimistic outlook
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Administration & Office Management
- Fundraising & Events