About this opportunity
DCSS Australia is looking for a skilled and passionate ICT Officer to join the team. The role of an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Officer is to ensure that all technology within the organisation is functioning correctly and that all the departments within the organisation are receiving technical support when needed.
Web development; accounts creation and subscriptions, IT Solutions and advising are key responsibilities of the role.
Key Areas of Accountability: • Assist with staff onboarding and offboarding processes- staff ID setup and configuration • Update the organisation website and content with guidance from PR/ Marketing teams • Installation, configuration, and support of systems applications and technologies including maintenance and license checks necessary • Provide technical support and advice to staff and management as required • Compile assist and co-ordinate the production of accurate, timely, quality, and well-presented documents and reports (Microsoft Project / Word/ Excel / PowerPoint) including presentations, correspondence, newsletters, minutes, and agenda as and when required • Work with key stakeholders to develop best practices in different departments and develop operational policies and standard documentation • Maintain registers for the management of all ICT assets of the organisation • Coordinate provision of ICT services and supplies from internal and external providers as required • Perform other service desk duties as directed
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
• Industry certifications along with 1-3+ years’ experience highly desired • Experience in the establishment and maintenance of registers to record details of hardware and software assets • Highly organised self-starter who can work independently on tasks to contribute to the team • Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate technical issues to non-technical personnel • Proven experience in monitoring, communicating, mitigating, and escalating technical issues • Exceptional skills to support leaders in managing workflows, meeting coordination, and preparation of documents and reports. • Strong knowledge of computer systems and packages to provide detailed, quality reports and documents as well as the ability to communicate both in writing and verbally will be critical to this role.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Every application is based on merit, we have minimum standards which must be met by every candidate and position to work with our organisation.
1. Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident;
2. Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
3. Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
4. Great communication and listening skills;
5. Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
6. Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
15 hours per fortnightq (negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- IT & Web Development
Everyone will undertake the training free of charge:- Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO);- Council of Social Services (QCOSS);- Mandate Report Training, for both Victoria and New South Wales; - Others as required and or negotiated.