About this opportunity
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Uniting Age Well - Strathdon.
Strathdon is seeking a Café Volunteer Assistant.This is an opportunity to use your customer service skills, preparing hot and cold beverages, unpacking supplies, cleaning, handling money and other duties as required. The ability to communicate with the Café Manager is also an expectation. Uniting Age Well has a lovely community feel.
- Communicating with Café Manager for daily requirements
- Customer Service
- Preparing hot and cold beverages
- Money handling
- Unpacking supplies
- Other Duties
- Having a high standard of money handling skills.
- Being able to communicate in a friendly, respectful and patient manner
- High standard of cleaning and hygiene
National Police Certificate *.
• Application form
• Reference checks
• Induction session
Requirements as per our Volunteer roster. Commitment is negotiable/flexible.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Food Preparation & Service
- Seniors & Aged Care
Induction (approx. 30 mins)There will always be a café Manager in the café except for on Sundays in which we are open 2-4 for Devonshire tea's in which this is ran by the Volunteers (No cooking is required as we get our scones from the Main Kitchen).