About this opportunity
Under direction from the Visitor Services Management team, the Museum’s Visitor Services Volunteer Program aims to develop a team of dedicated individuals with a broad general understanding of Museum operations, focusing on front of house activities
Visitor Services Volunteers assist with the museum’s daily frontline operations including safety, security and customer service and the provision of information relating to exhibitions, admissions, retail and memberships.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
To achieve the purpose of the position, the following attributes are required:
- Demonstrated well developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and in a team environment
- Experience in museum/gallery/retail or customer service environment
- Basic computer skills including access to the internet
- An appreciation for cultural diversity and an ability to work with people
from diverse backgrounds
- The capacity to provide an ongoing commitment of one 3.5 hour shift per
- Groups of 10 or more
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
On the job training, exhibition briefings, briefing notes, induction and seminarsReimbursement