About this opportunity
Signage Retrieval - working as part of the route marking team, you will be following the last cyclist/s and retrieving the corflute signs and directional arrows on the Sunday of one of our recreational bike rides, held during the year, throughout the Adelaide Hills. You may need to use your own vehicle at times, with sufficient room to carry corflutes and the smaller directional arrows. Training/mentoring will be provided. A knowledge of the Adelaide Hills roads an advantage.
Dates for 2021:
- Sunday 28 March
- Sunday 30 May
- Sunday 22 August
- Sunday 17 October
- Map reading experience and knowledge of Adelaide Hills roads desirable.
- Cheerful personality and flexible team approach
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to work under some degree of pressure
- Driver's License only if using one's own vehicle
Driver's Licence (C) .
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role be a maximum of 15-16 hours per week.
Sunday 28 March - 9.00 am - 2.30 pm Sunday 30 May - 9.00 am - 2.30 pm Sunday 22 August - 9.00 am - 3.00 pm Sunday 17 October - 7.30 am - 3.30 pmSuitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Driving & Transportation
- Fundraising & Events
- Trades & Maintenance
Training with buddy systemReimbursement
Fuel reimbursement if using own vehicle.