About this opportunity
A not for profit organisation that works to a tight budget supporting disadvantaged youth in the Cumberland area, is commencing a creative and performing arts hub for females. The area is highly multicultural with only 31% of young people having English as their first language. The Hub is an all female only space, creating a safe and supportive space for females that allows for self expression and participation. This position therefore is suited to a female.
The role involves:
- Driving a 10 seater van to collect and drop off participants
- Supporting the facilitators to maintain a safe and nurturing environment
- Preparing simple morning teas
- Assisting with registrations and data collection
- Assisting with programs and activities
- Supporting young females as required.
Minimum age is 21 years.
Benefits: The opportunity to:
- be part of a team creating a new project in the region
- support young females to create performances and express themselves.
- Learn new skills
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay.
If this your first time volunteering, or your first time volunteering in Australia, you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday and learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.
Driver's Licence (C) .
Min 3 hours per week on Saturdays, 9.30am-3pm.Type of work
- Arts, Craft, & Photography
- Driving & Transportation
- Food Preparation & Service
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Orientation on organisation policy and procedures - Conflict management training - Cultural awareness training - On the job training on performing and creative arts facilitation