About this opportunity
A number of frail aged clients need to attend medical appointments but struggle to get to them – could you help them? This is a crucial service as it allows frail aged clients the opportunity to maintain their health and independence.
If you are friendly, empathetic, respectful and enjoy being with older people then this could be the role for you. Crucially, volunteers in the role need to be responsible and reliable with a good general level of fitness. Volunteers must have access to their own car.
Volunteer duties include:
• Transporting clients to / from their own home to their appointments
• Assisting clients with getting into & out of the car
• Possibly help clients throughout the duration of their appointment
• Engage in social interacting with the client
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of others in our community.
Volunteers are needed across Willoughby, Lane Cove, Crows Nest/North Sydney and Mosman
National Police Certificate *.
Anything from 1-4 hours on ad hoc basis dependent on nature / location of appointment.Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Driving & Transportation
Induction, on the job training, organisational policy online training.Reimbursement