About this opportunity
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Uniting AgeWell - Hawthorn Centre.
Various volunteer positions are available to help the Social Support team as outlined below:
- Going to a variety of interesting places around Melbourne and assisting participants with various activities on the trips.
Lifestyle Day Centre Activities
- arts & crafts
- trivia & brain games
- providing or attending presentations on topics of interest
- hosting in-house movie days
There are also opportunities for volunteers to help out in the Men's shed for those with woodworking skills and passion.
We are also looking for someone to assist with dance lessons (any style) for an hour a week, or if you have any other special creative talents that you can share with our residents, we would love to hear from you.
Your role may involve other activities such as:
- helping our customers with food service
- setting up of equipment
- facilitating activities alongside our activity workers
- and the opportunity to present activities yourself is available too if you are keen!
Key Skills or experience:
- Volunteers should be passionate about helping others
- Enthusiastic about getting involved in a range of activities
- Good team player who will work with our staff and customers with respect
We are looking for volunteers of all ages and backgrounds to provide diverse social interaction and interests to our team.
National Police Certificate *.
Minimum time commitment: 3 months
Preferred times:Any day of the week from 9:30 am - 3:30 pm. There are lots of different activities on within the centre and bus trips are always seeking volunteers.Suitable for
- Wheelchair Access
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
Induction on first day including OH&S and procedures relevant to centre and caring for our clients.