About this opportunity
Cooking for a Cause is a unique team building activity with soul and purpose! The hands-on cooking class is open to corporate groups of all sizes and involves teams transforming rescued produce into restaurant-quality meals that are then delivered directly to disadvantaged communities.
We are looking for Chefs who have:
- extensive hospitality qualifications and experience;
- excellent cooking skills with broad knowledge of food;
- ability to lead and teach people in a commercial kitchen;
- ability to work under pressure;
- willing to assist in all duties to ensure successful running and completion of classes.
You will be required to assist OzHarvest to promote its’ reduce food waste message, raise awareness about OzHarvest operations and you will develop a sense of contribution to those in need.
Volunteers will need to meet with the OzHarvest team to discuss our Cooking for a Cause program and gain further insight into our operations prior to participating in a class.
OzHarvest also offers a range of short and long-term volunteer opportunities including:
- Van Assistant: riding in the OzHarvest van to assist professional drivers with food collection and delivery.
- Event Assistant: fundraising and raising awareness about OzHarvest’s operations at key events across Perth.
- Office administration: support OzHarvest office staff in administrative tasks
- Container washing: washing OzHarvest food containers used to transport food.
- NEST Assistant: assist our NEST Coordinator to run a hands-on cooking workshops onsite at various charitable agencies.
National Police Certificate *. Others .
OzHarvest requires volunteers to:
- Complete a volunteer application form
- Consent to police, background and reference checks
- Be over the age of 18 years.
Casual hours.Type of work
- Food Preparation & Service