About this opportunity
Leader of Youth encompasses Joey Scout Leaders, Cub Scout Leaders, Scout Leaders, and Venturer Scout Leader roles.
Leader/Assistant Leader in various aged sections i.e Joeys 6 & 7 year olds, Cubs 8-11, Scouts 11-15 and Venturers 15-18.
Sections meet various nights of the week during school terms with other weekend activities such as visits, hiking and camping. Role is to educate young people to learn by doing in order to develop social, physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual skills to become good citizens.
Involves about 12-15 hours per month – evenings/nights.
Fairly intense on-line and weekend residential training course required. Free training and uniform provided after qualifying period. Guaranteed to gain new knowledge and skills and have fun.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
- Enthusiasm and have a commitment to Scouting Principles and Programme
- Ability to communicate with and share leadership with other leaders and adults
- Set a high standard of behaviour through personal example to members.
- Be able to motive, communicate and work effectively with your section youth members
Leader of Youth - 12-15 hours per month – evenings/nightsSuitable for
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Education & Training
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
- Tutoring & Coaching
Fairly intense on-line and weekend residential training course requiredReimbursement
Out of pocket expenses. Costs of all checks covered by Agency