About Lyme Disease Association of Australia Inc
The Lyme Disease Association of Australia (LDAA) is a small yet powerful Not-for-Profit Organisation, and Australia’s preeminent patient body. LDAA aims to facilitate collaboration, to develop a new model of scientific and medical excellence in Australia. To enable world class standards in: Lyme disease prevention, research, diagnostics, patient care and treatment protocols. In doing so, we educate people on prevention and diagnosis, as well as inform government and medical associations on policy and best practice.
The LDAA undertakes activities in six key areas: information, support, advocacy, education, awareness and research. As such, the LDAA’s mission is to:
• Advocate for individuals and families living with Australian Lyme and associated tick-borne diseases;
• Facilitate world’s best practice patient care and support;
• Act as a conduit between international developments, research, treatments, and other Lyme groups;
• Raise funds to assist research and innovation in epidemiology, diagnosis and treatment of Australian Lyme and associated tick-borne diseases, as well as enhance education of health-care professionals;
• Create public awareness about the risks of Lyme disease, the importance of early diagnosis and treatment, by seeking support of governments and the medical community;
• Represent the perspectives, lived experiences and interests of the Australian patient collective.
PO Box 137
Stockton NSW 2295