About Geraldton Historical Society (Inc)
The Geraldton Historical Society’s involvement with local history dates back to 1950 with the formation of what was then called the Victoria District Historical Society.
Mrs Molly Lukis from the Battye Library advised the society in 1955 to make efforts to obtain an old building for use as a museum.
Members viewed old buildings but their efforts were not successful and interest in the society’s activities faded.
The society was revived in 1963 by the enthusiasm of people such as Dorothy Cramer, Poppy Anderson, Eric Sewell and Ayres, Stan and Joy Gratte and Shirley and Colin Lutze.
Geraldton WA 6530