About The Laurels
The original home was built in 1886 by Edward English a pioneer in the early days of Kogarah.
UPA’s involvement at Kogarah dates back to 1950 when The Laurels was purchased to establish a girl’s home. This operation continued until 1978 when it was closed to make way for The Laurels Aged Care Service which opened in 1979 to accommodate 26 residents. A respite room was added later. The resident’s rooms surround the historic, heritage listed home.
The Hostel is run by the Care Manager and a dedicated team of carers.
The St George Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT), Doctors and other health care professionals regard The Laurels as a first class provider of Aged Care services.
The high standard of care has been validated by many the forms of audits and surveys that we are subjected to on a regular basis.
Safety and Security for residents and staff has been improved by the installation of security cameras and patrols at night by a security company.
45 English Street
Kogarah NSW 2217