About The Benevolent Society
As Australia’s first charity, our vision is a just society where everyone lives their best life. We’ve been supporting people with disabilities, children, families, older Australians and carers since 1813.
Not-for-profit and non-religious, we’re a charity committed to people. Through a dedicated team we provide services to support to people who need us the most enabling them to thrive.
Volunteers are a critical to the work we do, they support programs across our organisation below are just a sample of the amazing impact our volunteers have
• home visit service for families,
• delivering meals on wheels or visiting older Australians,
• providing social supports for people with a disability and children in Out of Home Care
• attending playgroups / our Early Years Centres
• supporting our advocacy campaigns to drive social change
• across our shared services functions from HR to Finance to Contract Management
2E Wentworth Park Road
Glebe NSW 2037