About St Vincent de Paul Society - WA Official
The St Vincent de Paul Society, fondly known as “Vinnies”, is one of Australia’s largest and most highly regarded charities, and also operates in an additional 149 countries worldwide. They aspire for an Australia transformed by compassion and built on justice and advocate on several pressing social justice issues such as homelessness, poverty and asylum seekers- no work of charity is foreign to them.
The St Vincent de Paul Society was established in Western Australia in 1865 and supports the local community in a large number of ways, which include:
• Carrying out home visitations that provide emergency relief assistance.
• Providing recovery-focused mental health services.
• Delivering a range of services to prevent or alleviate homelessness.
• Running recreational programs for children and teens.
• Offering financial counselling.
• Providing support and learning programs for migrants and refugees.
• Operating retail op-shops.
• General advocacy on behalf of the people it assists.
• Awareness raising initiatives aimed at encouraging a greater understanding of social justice issues.
The St Vincent de Paul Society WA is a primarily volunteer-run organisation, which engages over 3,000 volunteers and over 100 paid staff.
PO Box 1450
Canning Vale Dc WA 6970