About Palliative Care ACT
Palliative Care ACT is the representative voice for palliative care in the Australian Capital Territory. Formed in 1985, we are a non-government community based organisation, a registered charity and a founding member of the national peak body Palliative Care Australia.
Working with individuals and organisations to facilitate, promote and improve palliative care in the ACT and to offer compassion and support to the terminally ill, their carers and their families.
Our mission is to influence, foster and promote the delivery of quality care at end of life for all and to offer compassion and support to the terminally ill, their carers and families.
To deliver this mission we:
* promote palliative care in the community
* provide community education in aspects of palliative care
* deliver volunteer palliative services to support patients, carers and their families with care, compassion, respect and dignity—see Our services
* advocate for, and promote, provision of best quality palliative care services
* support other likeminded organisations through partnerships and collaboration.
Many of our services are delivered by volunteers, supported by a professional team who train them and coordinate their activities.
Clare Holland House, Menindee Drive
Barton ACT 2600