About Parent and Family Drug Support Parent Peer Volunteer

Has your child/children been involved with drugs and/or alcohol? Have you struggled not knowing where to get information and support? Have you had to deal with loneliness, isolation, stigma and shame and the constant worry of not knowing where they are or if they're safe?
Have you reached a point in your life where you feel emotionally and practically ready to use your personal experience to help other parents who have just started the sometimes long and frequently traumatic journey? Perhaps this role is right for you.
We are currently looking for PARENT PEER VOLUNTEERS to facilitate peer support to parents and families int eh following areas: Thornlie; East Perth; Mandurah and Midland. You may also be interested in providing telephone support to parents calling the service in distress.
As our service provides PEER SUPPORT, It is ESSENTIAL you have lived experience of being a parent or guardian of a daughter or son who has had or is still having difficulties with alcohol or drug use. Expressions of interest can only be taken for those who meet this criteria.
Full training is provided.
Please call/email us if you would like an application form and articulate CLEARLY that you are a PARENT who has supported a child with alcohol or drug use issues. Due to the large volume of interest we receive, we may not be able to respond to your expression of interest if you do not specify you have the required lived experience.

Please contact us directly at [email protected] to register your interest.



[email protected]

Local VRC: Volunteering WA