About Tasmanian Association of Police and Community Youth Clubs
• Seeking passionate, future-focussed, independent Board Directors
• Your chance to shape a new future for a well-established and reputable community organisation
The Tasmanian Association of Police and Community Youth Clubs is the peak body that supports the various Police and Community Youth Clubs (PCYCs) throughout Tasmania. We operate on a not-for-profit basis, supported by funding from Tasmania Police, community grants and general fundraising.
As a professional, incorporated Body, we provide governance and support to our statewide PCYCs so that they can focus on doing what they do best – delivering community programs and services.
We also assist with a range of other services including grant applications, coordination of insurances, finance, accounting, funds acquittal and other administrative support as required.
The TAPCYC has been managed by a team of dedicated, high-achieving representatives from each of our Clubs. But we are now seeking independent, forward-thinking, passionate leaders who can fill the roles of TAPCYC President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and Ordinary Member.
This is a great time, with enormous possibilities – we have a unique opportunity to look at the way that we operate, and how we can continue to add value to our community. In conjunction with Tasmania Police, community stakeholders, individual Clubs and an experienced Advisory Committee, the new Board will have the chance to explore new directions and new approaches.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
Firstly, a passion for development – developing individuals, developing communities and developing our charitable organisation. We need you to have a commercial mindset and experience, coupled with drive, exceptional ethical standards, and a collaborative approach. And some great ideas!
We would be particularly interested in hearing from you if you have experience in any of the following:
• Business Leadership, Organisational Development, Investment, Advocacy, Government Relations, Youth/Community Programs, Change Management, Legal Services, Finance, Administration, Strategy, Innovation, Risk Management, Human Resources, Marketing, Workplace Health and Safety, Industrial Relations.
• Additional experience in Governance as a Committee member of other organisations, ideally as an office bearer
• Understanding of the not-for-profit sector
For any queries or additional information, contact Christine Allen on 0427 281 403.
Forward your CV, and cover letter outlining how you can help take us into the future, to [email protected] Expressions of interest must be received by 5pm on Sunday 12 October 2021.
55 Argyle St,
Hobart TAS 7000