About this opportunity
A not-for-profit organisation aiming to improve literacy rates in remote Indigenous communities across Australia, is seeking a reliable Reception/Administration Assistant volunteer to work 2 days per week (Monday and Tuesday) from 21st August - 19th September.
This position requires an organised person with excellent communication skills (specifically he/she must be able to direct/handle requests from a number of stakeholders) and IT skills (Mac and Salesforce CRM).
The job includes performing some basic correspondence, banking cheques, filing and collecting and sending out post for the organisation. It also requires you to support the Executive director with appointments, booking travel and correspondence.
- Experience as an administration, reception or personal assistant highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- IT savvy, requiring first rate computer skills, experience using Mac computers.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, to deadlines.
- Highly organised and efficient.
- Intermediate skills in MS Office - Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Preferred but not essential experience using Salesforce CRM.
You will undergo a trial period of one day.
- Develop or learn valuable skills in Office Management.
- Gain new knowledge about literacy and literature in remote communities.
- Boost your career prospects.
- Enjoy a sense of agency, achievement and fulfilment in contributing to addressing the literacy gap in remote Australia.
- Connect with others, make new contacts and be a part of a team.
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay. Alternatively, please call (02) 9261 3600 between 10.00am and 3.30pm Monday to Friday to make a booking for a telephone interview to learn more about this opportunity. Please note the 3 or 4 digit job ref # within the Job Title for the volunteering positions that you are interested in.
Is this your first time volunteering or your first time volunteering in Australia? Attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday and discover what is volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Please visit The Centre for Volunteering website to book online.
Monday and Tuesday between 9am - 5pm for a 5 week period.Interested in
- Administration, Office Management
You will receive training from the Executive Director and Support Staff.