About this opportunity
The Melbourne Mustangs Ice Hockey club have a vacancy in the role as Club Secretary.
The Secretary is the chief administration officer of the club. This person provides the coordinating link between members, the management committee and outside agencies.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Prepare the agenda for club/group meetings in consultation with the Chairperson
• Make arrangements including venue, date, times and hospitality for club meetings
• Send adequate notice of the meetings
• Collect and collate reports from office bearers
• Call for and receive nominations for committees and other positions for the club/group AGM
• Take the minutes of meetings
• Write up the minutes as soon as possible after the meeting
• Read, reply and file correspondence promptly
• Collate and arrange for the printing of the annual report
• Maintain registers of members’ names and addresses, life members and sponsors
• Maintain files of legal documents such as constitutions, leases and titles
• Act as the public officer of your club with members of the public, affiliated bodies and government agencies.
Knowledge and Skills Required
Ideally the Secretary is someone who:
• Can communicate effectively
• Is well organised and can delegate tasks
• Can maintain confidentiality on relevant matters
• Has a good working knowledge of the constitution.
Estimated Time Commitment Required: 2-4 hrs per week.
Interested in this role please forward your resume and a brief introduction letter to club president John Belic.
2-4 hrs per weekInterested in
- Administration, Office Management
- Sport and Physical Activities
training in club requirements