About this opportunity
We are seeking volunteers to provide support to our current and future participates in our Men’s residential rehabilitation program. Support may be in many forms, including sharing your skills and knowledge of a hobby or activity. Perhaps walks, riding bikes or outings such as the movies, coffee, football matches etc.
This role would suit someone who can effectively communicate and have a non-judgemental attitude towards men with life controlling issues.
Experience in the AOD field would be beneficial but is not necessary to take on a mentoring role. Further training opportunities are available and can be explored person to person.
Driver's Licence (C) .
With the nature of this role, volunteers must at all times abstain from any alcohol or drug use while being a part of our mentoring program.
- a commitment to privacy and confidentiality is a must.
- good communication skills, non-judgemental attitude, certain maturity and genuine interest/willingness to help people in need,
- must possess a caring and supportive nature.
Completely flexible - discuss with Rob.Good for
- Centrelink Approved
- Volunteers with a disability
- Volunteers with limited English
- Art, Craft and Photography
- Companionship and Social Support
- Tutoring and Mentoring
Induction with ongoing supportReimbursement
Possibility of approved travel allowance.