The RACV Energy Breakthrough is a joint initiative of the Country Education Project (CEP), Central Goldfields Shire Council (CGSC), and the Royal Automobile Club of Victoria (RACV).
The RACV Energy Breakthrough provides opportunities for students, teachers, parents and local industry to work together to design and construct a vehicle, a machine or innovation in technology that will represent an ‘energy breakthrough’.
The program encourages participants to examine and use the latest technology while considering its impact on the environment and the way people live locally and globally.
The RACV Energy Breakthrough isn’t just a once-a-year event.
School groups work throughout the year to design, build and test vehicles or machines within detailed specifications. It requires a team effort and an across-the-curriculum approach. These groups then bring their vehicles and machines to Maryborough in the Central Goldfields Shire, Victoria for a huge celebration in which they can demonstrate and trial them in action.
The Program aims to …
• Provide an excellent technology project for students from Prep to VCE level
• Encourage young people to explore solutions to environmental and transport issues
• Provide an opportunity for schools and communities to work and learn together
• Provide an opportunity for women and girls to participate in what has traditionally been a ‘male’ dominated area of the curriculum
• Be a fun program with real world challenges
• Offer students opportunities to explore and address vehicle design, driving skills and vehicle and passenger safety issues
What We’re About: We are a non-profit community organisation that brings together education, local government and industry into collaborative partnerships, together fostering confident, competent and socially aware young people, ready to make difference in today’s world.
We engage school communities across Australia and bring tourism, economic, and social benefits to regional Victoria, through our active learning program and event.
Our Mission: To inspire young Australians to embrace learning, be creative and innovative, and drive change through the power of collaboration; to celebrate human endeavour and achievement, to respect and care for the environment and our communities.
What We Believe: Curiosity, creativity, collaboration and human endeavour will always lead to innovative breakthroughs that benefit the wellbeing of humanity; and that young people are the future custodians of our Earth.
What We Deliver: The best active learning program and event for primary and secondary schools that aligns with the national education policy.
Our Mantra: Powered by imagination