About this opportunity
Tropfest 2017 is seeking the assistance of volunteers for various roles:
Set Up Volunteers:
Approximately 200 volunteers are required to help the set-up of the venue – involving putting out the chairs for the ticketed areas. Set up begins at 8am and will take approximately 2 hours. The volunteers will have a BBQ organised for them, and (if they wish to continue volunteering for the rest of the day),volunteers will be working 4 hour blocks, rotating roles with food and drink breaks.
When applying please by email please specify the times available.
1) Roaming Volunteers - must have a detailed knowledge of the event including locations of amenities and times of activities; both main stage and in other activation zones. Volunteers need to have basic directing skills and the ability to listen and assist patrons with all queries regarding the event. 4 hour shifts available.
2) Wayfinders - must have the same knowledge and understanding as the Roaming volunteers, and must also provide information regarding amenities outside of the festival. Ability to read and understand maps, and direct patrons through the Parramatta CBD from train station and ferry wharf to the festival and shops. Wayfinders will be patron’s first point of contact at the festival and need to be energetic, approachable and outgoing. 4 hour shifts available
3) Seating Volunteers -must possess the same skills and knowledge as Roaming and Wayfinders, and must have excellent communication skills, the ability to read a seating map, recognize different ticket types, and direct patrons to the correct section and allocated seats. They will also be required to direct public within the ticketed area and festival grounds. 4 hour shifts available.
4) VIP -The volunteers within the VIP sections must have the same skills as both the Wayfinders and the Roaming volunteers and have excellent communication skills to interact with VIPs. Volunteers will not be permitted to seek autographs at the festival. 4 hour shift available.
- Volunteers will be provided with a morning BBQ
- Insight into how one of Australia's most loved festivals operate
- Tropfest Volunteer T-Shirt and Lanyard
-Accreditation: Each volunteer will get a certificate recognising their involvement in the festival that is signed by the CEO as reference. (Subject to the volunteer fulfilling the role as required)
4 hour shift 8pm - 11pm Saturday 11 FebruaryInterested in
- Fundraising and Events
- Volunteers will be sent a welcome pack including a training video describing the different roles available and the general running of the event - Site Inductions: Volunteers will be briefed on the day prior to the roles being fulfilled