About this opportunity
This well regarded not-for-profit organisation aiming to improve literacy rates in remote Indigenous communities across Australia is seeking a reliable Marketing Assistant volunteer to work 1-2 days per week.
This position requires an organised person with excellent communication, proficient in Mac, and holds the ability to work independently to deadlines.
The role includes supporting the Marketing Coordinator in the following tasks:
- Managing the community fundraisers such as updating the community fundraiser register, sending marketing materials to support events and fundraisers and making follow up calls.
- Writing copy for social media, newsletters, blog posts, and thank you letters.
- Event organisation such as preparing collateral, powerpoint presentations and assisting with invitations and RSVP lists.
- Telemarketing to booksellers and schools.
- Scheduling posts for Facebook and Twitter.
- Editing web copy in a Word Press template.
- Stocktake of marketing collateral, sourcing quotes from suppliers.
- Packing marketing kits and helping deliver the post.
- Sourcing content for social media and website news.
- Other administrative tasks such as filing, mail merge, and creating calendars for conferences and events.
- Editing images, creating graphics and laying out newsletters in Adobe Suite (optional)
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- IT savvy, requiring first rate computer skills, experience using Mac computers.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, to deadlines.
- Experience using Facebook and Twitter.
- Highly organised and efficient.
- Intermediate skills in MS Office - Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Preferred but not essential experience using Salesforce CRM, Word Press web editing, and Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign).
Minimum commitment of three months, one day (Thurs or Fri) per week.
- Develop or learn valuable skills in Marketing including event coordination, copywriting, social media, website.
- Gain new knowledge about literacy and literature in remote communities.
- Boost your career prospects.
- Enjoy a sense of agency, achievement and fulfilment in contributing to addressing the literacy gap in remote Australia.
- Connect with others, make new contacts and be a part of a team.
- Have fun!
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay. Alternatively, please call (02) 9261 3600 between 10.00am and 3.30pm Monday to Friday to make a booking for a telephone interview to learn more about this opportunity. Please note the 3 or 4 digit job ref # within the Job Title for the volunteering positions that you are interested in.
Is this your first time volunteering or your first time volunteering in Australia? Attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday and discover what is volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Please visit The Centre for Volunteering website to book online.
Advanced level of written and spoken English.
6-12 hours per week. Thurs/Fri, between 9am-3pmInterested in
- Administration, Office Management
- Marketing, Media, Communications
- Writing and Editing
You will receive training from the Marketing Coordinator at the beginning of your program including of the necessary systems and product knowledge. You will undergo a trial period of one day.