About this opportunity
The Community Education Team is responsible for:
• Providing strategic direction for ACTSES and ESA Community Education programs
• Develop and Deliver educational programs to a variety of groups. I.e. Schools, scouts, CALD community groups, multicultural groups etc.
• Assist with the coordination of ACTSES education campaigns such as StormSafe and FloodSafe.
Successful applicants will have:
• Clear, respectful friendly communications skills
• Confidence to present topics to groups
• Flexibility and adaptability to work with the vulnerable, different age groups, socioeconomic or cultural backgrounds
• Tidy presentation
• Passion for helping others
• Physical ability to perform light duties, including carry equipment, stand up for an extended periods of time
• The ability to be punctual and organised
• The flexibility to provide support any time of the day or night
• The ability to use and setup a laptop and projector and other technologies
• Basic proficiency in ICT including MS Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
The Commitment and Rewards
Volunteering with the SES
• Requires a strong commitment from the volunteer;
• Involves voluntary, unpaid work;
• Includes Irregular operational response at any time of the day or night; and
• Means you may get dirty, tired, wet, hot or cold.
What’s in it for you
• A great sense of achievement;
• Many unique and interesting experiences and opportunities;
• Nationally accredited training;
• The opportunity to make new friends; and
• The opportunity to make a difference in your community.
The rewards are many – learning new skills, keeping fit, gaining valuable qualifications, earning respect within the community, having fun, being active as part of a dedicated team.
All members of the ACTSES Community Education Team will receive relevant training in the following areas:
• First Aid
• Radio Communications
• Asbestos Awareness
• ACTSES Induction
• Additional training opportunities may be provided related to this specialist role
Driver's Licence (C) . Medical Check *. National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
• Current Driver’s License (with no restrictions)
• Willing to obtain a police check (will be organised by ACTSES)
• Working with Vulnerable Persons card (responsibility of individual to obtain)
• Experience in the education field is highly desirable but not essential.
Time requirements of the Community Education Team are varied so a flexible schedule is advantageous. This role may require out of hours work to support operations and availability on weekends would be desired. The Community Education Team also meet at least once every 8 weeks or more frequent as required.Good for
- Disaster Recovery
- Skilled Volunteer
- Volunteers with a disability
- Volunteers with limited English
- Education and Training
- Safety and Emergency Services
- Tutoring and Mentoring
All members of the ACTSES Community Education Team will receive relevant training