About this opportunity
Redkite is a leading national charity committed to supporting children, young people and families facing cancer. We provide essential financial, education and emotional support services from diagnosis, throughout treatment and beyond.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the committee of the Corporate Quiz, Redkite’s signature fundraising event, this year to be held on Friday 4 August. The Corporate Quiz is one of the most prestigious events in the city’s corporate calendar. It is well known for its entertaining celebrity MCs, high profile ambassadors and fantastic auction and raffle prizes along with some friendly competition between the city’s high flyers. It is held in Sydney, Perth, Melbourne and Brisbane and raised more than $1.1 million dollars for Redkite last year.
Our volunteer committee is a group of Brisbane’s best connected social and professional leaders who leverage their phenomenal networks to drive the success of this iconic event. The committee focus their talents on selling tables and promoting the event, finding sponsors and sourcing prizes for the raffles and an exclusive auction.
We are looking for committed, available and passionate individuals who are self-starters and able to attend regular monthly meetings. We rely on our committee members’ confidence and capability in reaching out to their own networks to engage new audiences with the Redkite cause and motivate them to be a part of this incredible event. (Please note; this is not an event organising committee. Focus is on fundraising through table sales, sponsorship and prizes donations).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilising business or social networks and to acquire table sales or sponsorship
- Sourcing of prizes from local businesses and personal contacts for the Live Auction, Silent Auction and Raffles.
- Promoting the event to personal and professional networks
- Other networking activities
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong networker
- Ability to attract new sponsors, prize donors or attendees and nurture relationships
- Ability and keen to work well within a volunteer committee structure
EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Experience in sales/marketing, relationship management and/or fundraising or on a volunteer committee desirable but not essential
- Passionate, enthusiastic and goal orientated
- Genuine interest in fundraising and desire to support the Redkite cause
Once you have expressed interest via the Seek site, we will email you and request a copy of your CV with cover letter, setting out why you would like to volunteer with Redkite and what you would like to bring to the committee. Meetings with those interested will commence in March 2017.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Committee meetings will be held in Petrie Terrace and only an hour long each time. Meetings once a month till late June. More frequently closer to event if needed in July & Aug. The event is being held on Fri 4 Aug 2017 in the CBD.Interested in
- Fundraising and Events
- Governance, Board, Committee
- Marketing, Media, Communications
- Retail and Sales
Redkite induction, training and support will be provided with a Redkite Coordinator in attendance at all meetings.Reimbursement
All pre-approved expenses will be reimbursed