About this opportunity
Redkite is the national charity that provides real support to children, young people and their families through cancer.
The Redkite Corporate Quiz is Redkite’s signature fundraising event, held on Friday 4th August 2017 and is one of the most prestigious events in the city’s corporate calendar. It is well known for its entertaining celebrity MCs, high profile ambassadors and fantastic auction and raffle prizes along with some friendly competition between the city’s high flyers.
Our committee is a group of people who volunteer to assist with the success of the event through sourcing prizes for the raffles and auctions, selling tables and promoting the event and finding sponsors. We are looking for committed, available and passionate individuals who are self-starters and able to attend regular monthly meetings. A great opportunity for enthusiastic networkers. (Please note; this is not an event organising committee. Focus is on fundraising through table sales, prizes donations and sponsorship)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Sourcing of prizes from local businesses and personal contacts for the Live Auction, Silent Auction and Raffles.
• Utilising business or social networks and to acquire table sales or sponsorship
• Promoting the event to personal and professional networks
• Other networking activities
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong networker
• Ability to attract new sponsors, prize donors or attendees and nurture relationships
• Ability to multi task
• Ability and keen to work well within a volunteer committee structure
• Passionate, enthusiastic and goal orientated
• Reliable, positive and proactive and confident manner
• Genuine interest in fundraising and desire to support the Redkite cause
• Be able to work autonomously as well as work in a committee structure
• Experience in sales/marketing, relationship management and/or fundraising or on a volunteer committee desirable but not essential
• Previous volunteer work in the not-for-profit sector desirable but not essential
Once you have expressed interest via the Seek site, we will email you and request a copy of your CV with cover letter, setting out why you would like to volunteer with Redkite and what you would like to bring to the committee. Meetings with those interested will commence in late January or early Feb 2017.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Committee meetings will be held in Petrie Terrace and only an hour long each time. Meetings once a month till late June 2017. More frequently closer to event if needed between July & Aug 2017 The event is being held on Fri 4 Aug 2017 in CBD.Interested in
- Fundraising and Events
- Governance, Board, Committee
- Marketing, Media, Communications
- Retail and Sales
Redkite induction, training and support will be provided with a Redkite Coordinator in attendance at all meetings.Reimbursement
All pre-approved expenses will be reimbursed