About this opportunity
This is a small service based in Mt Druitt that need some volunteers who could help re-paint some of their walls. They have the paint and the resources and are just needing some volunteers who have had some experience in painting to help them out. It is not a large space, and is unlikely to take long, however any assistance would be appreciated.
The volunteer would be using rollers and then small brushes for corners etc. There are four rooms to be re-painted. There may have either a staff member or a young person/s to assist the volunteer.
This is a friendly, safe and supportive environment and the volunteer will be made to feel part of the team.
- Experience what it is like to be in a youth service.
- Get to know some of the young people and staff.
- Get to experience the positives of the local area and experience being with some of the great youth they have who come to their service.
- Build on skills in painting.
4 - 7.5 hours a week between the hours of 9am - 5pm, Tuesday - Friday, end December, 2016 or January 2017 - to suit availabilityGood for
- Travelling/short term volunteers
- Trades and Maintenance
There is a staff member who is skilled in painting and he can assist, but due to his duties, he is not be available to do the painting, but can guide and help when he is in the office.